Ordering your beautiful Kat van Duinen purchase online is easy, and we’ll deliver to you! Our aim is to ensure that orders are delivered within 7-15 working days, depending on your location and Product availability. If an item you’ve bought is out of stock, you may encounter a longer wait for delivery; restocking can take up to eight weeks prior to delivery. Please be patient – manufacturing luxury goods to the highest of quality takes time and care.
- Kat van Duinen ships online purchases nationally and internationally. Please note, delivery does not include customs charges. If a Customer orders from outside South Africa, they may incur customs charges on delivery of their purchase, since all Kat van Duinen international (non-South African) deliveries are DDUs (Delivery Duty Unpaid), which means that product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. As the recipient, the Customers accepts liability for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country the Customer has requested to ship to. Payment of these amounts by the Customer will be necessary to release the purchase from customs on arrival.
- Although Kat van Duinen offers a Customs Calculator to estimate these costs for the Customer on its Site, this calculation represents a rough estimate only and Kat van Duinen is unable to confirm these costs on order. By confirming an order, the Customer consents to the responsibility of paying any additional costs to release their delivery on arrival.
- The Customer is also consenting to the term that Kat van Duinen will not offer a refund nor a replacement product should the Customer fail to pay any taxes or duties, and that the loss of any product as a result will be the Customer’s responsibility. Kat van Duinen is not responsible for customs charges and additional taxes, and will not refund orders if the Customer are unable to cover these charges. Customs charges differ from country to country; the Customer is advised to check their country’s charges before ordering.
- Please also note that every country and state has individual laws regarding the import of exotic-leather items. It is the Customer’s responsibility to check the local laws governing the area of their chosen delivery address, and to ensure they are ordering products that can be legally imported to their chosen delivery address. Kat van Duinen will take no responsibility nor offer any refunds for items destroyed or banned from being forwarded to the given delivery address due to laws governing the import of exotic-leather and/or animal goods.
- Although Kat van Duinen shall endeavor to deliver all Products in accordance with a Customer’s specified delivery requirements, Kat van Duinen shall not be bound to such delivery requirements.
- Kat van Duinen shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for failure of or delay in delivery of any Products, save for the reimbursement of any purchase price already advanced by the Customer in the event of non-delivery.
- Kat van Duinen shall, at its sole discretion, be entitled to invoice Customers for part deliveries of any Products ordered and partially delivered.
- Kat van Duinen shall not be liable for failure to deliver Products should the failure be the result of strike action involving either Kat van Duinen staff or any suppliers/companies involved in the delivery of any Products, acts of God, freak weather, power failures.
- When effecting delivery to the Customer, the Customer shall be responsible for receiving, unloading and checking the Products in the presence of the Kat van Duinen representative making delivery. Should the Customer nominate that the delivery be taken by a third party, this responsibility falls onto the third party, for which Kat van Duinen takes no responsibility or liability.
- Delivery of the products at the shipping or delivery address nominated by the Customer shall constitute good delivery.
- If, on the instructions of the Customer, the Products are delivered to a carrier for delivery to the Customer, delivery to the Customer shall be deemed to have been duly effected on delivery to the carrier who shall at all times be and remain the Customer’s agent for purposes of these terms and conditions.
- In the event of short delivery the Customer shall forthwith upon delivery endorse Kat van Duinen’s copy of the delivery note specifying details of the short delivery and thereafter within three (3) days of such delivery the Customer shall lodge a claim with Kat van Duinen in respect of such short delivery.
- In the event that the Products are delivered in a damaged or defective state, the Customer shall forthwith upon delivery endorse Kat van Duinen’s copy of the delivery note detailing the damage or defects to the Products and the Customer shall within three (3) days of such delivery notify Kat van Duinen of such damage or defects in the Products delivered, following which the Returns Policy shall be followed.
- On compliance by the Customer with the above terms and provided Kat van Duinen agrees with the information supplied by the Customer, Kat van Duinen Design will or may apply for a credit, subject to the provisions of the Returns Policy.
- Subject to the CPA, and notwithstanding the provisions of this policy, Kat van Duinen shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss or damage occasioned by reason of the circumstances set out above.
- Should the Customer alter delivery details after placing their order, Kat van Duinen reserves the right to alter delivery costs accordingly.
- Although reasonable care shall be taken, Kat van Duinen accepts no responsibility whatsoever for incorrect delivery details or, if an unauthorised person, at the delivery address, accepts delivery of the order and Products.
- For purposes of this clause, “Kat van Duinen” shall include any Affiliate, agent or independent contractor who may