Kat van Duinen agrees to the exchange or refund of Products purchased and received by the Customer, provided that the following provisions apply:
- All Returns of Products to any physical retail outlet will be accepted free of charge, provided that the relevant retail outlet continues to stock the Products being returned.
- In instances where Products are being returned via the South African Post Office (SAPO) or via courier, the Customer shall be responsible for payment of any fees levied for the relevant service.
- Under no circumstances shall the Customer be entitled to reimbursement of any costs incurred for initial delivery of the Products being returned.
- Any refund or issuing of credit to the Customer will only take place once Kat van Duinen has received and processed the return of the Products.
- Kat van Duinen shall exercise its own discretion as to the means used to refund all Customers including, but not limited to, cash, gift cards (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the relevant Customer’s account or applicable credit or debit card.
- Kat van Duinen shall not be liable for any delivery costs incurred by Customers returning any Products. Cost of returns will be for the Customer’s account.
- eturns or exchanges are not offered under any circumstance on marked down or sale items, or on personalized items.
- Exchanges on items that are sized (garments that are not One Size Fits All) may be exchanged should they not fit the Customer, however the cost of delivery to return the original Purchase will be for the Customer’s account, and delivery costs incurred to deliver a new Product in a new size will be charged to the Customer as per a new or separate order. Exchanges must be conducted via email to email@example.com. Customers must liaise via email regarding their exchange or return before returning their Product in order to confirm that their exchange or return will be accepted. It is the Customer’s responsibility to this in advance in order to avoid unnecessary costs, rejected exchanges or returns and disappointment.
- If you are based in South Africa, according to The Consumer Protection Act, you have the right to cancel your order within five business days after placing it, known as the ‘Cooling Off’ Period without providing a reason or incurring loss. This ‘Cooling Off’ Period begins from the first business day after which you receive via email confirmation of your order. To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform Kat van Duinen in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating your order information. The email must be sent within the ‘Cooling Off’ Period to be valid.
- Items should be returned unused and with all Kat van Duinen tags still attached. Returns that are damaged or soiled will not be accepted and will be sent back to the Customer at the Customer’s cost and/or a refund refused. Where provided, belts and any designer packaging such as authenticity cards, dust bags, and leather tags should be included with the Customer’s return.
- Kat van Duinen reserves the right to monitor repeated returns from the same Customers and to refuse to service Customers with a repeat-return history.
- Important – returns on any exotic-leather items: In order to return such items, strict paperwork must be applied for and received to move exotic-leather pieces across borders. If you wish to return an exotic-leather piece, you must first contact email@example.com so that Kat van Duinen can assist with certification for the item to be legally returned back to South Africa. Kat van Duinen accepts no liability and will not refund any loss or damage incurred by yourself for goods destroyed, seized or confiscated by customs should you fail to follow this process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a specialist return on leather goods.